Every day this week we're going to pass on our favourite veggie recipes from a member of the Beanies Team. This is from Gemma
On a Monday I nearly always end up making pasta. Its quick and filling after a long day!
Spring Veg and Preserved Lemon Pasta Serves 2, easily doubled
180g Dried Pasta of choice (I use wholewheat penne)
150g Asparagus woodiest end bits removed (save for soup!)
1 Bunch Purple Sprouting Broccoli
3 or 4 Spring Onions
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1/2 Preserved Lemon, flesh removed & finely chop
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
Capricorn (or other) Goats Cheese
1) Put the pasta on to boil in plenty of boiling water (cook til al dente-how long depends of type of pasta)
2) Meanwhile remove the aparagus and broccoli tips and slice the rest of the stems
3) On a medium heat fry stems in a glug of oil for 3 or 4 minutes, add a ladle of pasta water if it looks too dry
4) Slice the whites of the spring onions (save the greens) and add to the veg mix with the garlic
5) 2 Mins before end of pasta cooking time add the asparagus and broccoli tips
6) When the pasta is cooked, reserve some of the cooking water and drain the pasta mix and add to the frying pan with the veg mix.
7) Add the preserved lemon and reserved pasta water cook until all well mingled, add the sliced green ends of the spring onion, lemon juice, the nutritional yeast and season with salt and pepper to taste
8) Serve and top with torn goats cheese if using
We are delighted to be including so much local and UK-grown produce in the boxes this week although for some lines this does mean a slight...
It is so nice to feel a change in the weather and refreshing to see a few new lines coming available for the boxes. Roots are lovely bu...
The sun is reflecting too brightly on the computer screen! What a change… I’m not really complaining. Here are the lists for this we...
Apologies for the lack of Veg Box News over the past few weeks. Timings are an issue sometimes because we can’t finalise the recipe un...